A L C Solicitors is committed to creating an organizational culture in which diversity and equality of opportunity are promoted actively and in which unlawful discrimination is not tolerated.
A L C Solicitors recognizes the real business benefits of having a diverse community of staff and to this end, is working towards building and maintaining an environment that values diversity.
A L C Solicitors believe in the principles of social justice, acknowledge that discrimination affects people in complex ways, and is committed to challenging all forms of inequality.
To this end, we aim to ensure that:
• Individuals are treated fairly, with dignity and respect regardless of their age, marital status, disability, race, faith, gender, language, social/ economical background or sexual orientation, and any other inappropriate distinction;
• It affords all individuals, and employees the opportunity to fulfill their potential.
• It promotes an inclusive and supportive environment for staff, associates, and visitors; • It recognizes the varied contributions to the achievement of the company’s mission made by individuals from diverse backgrounds and with a wide range of experiences
Scope of the Policy
This policy applies to all staff, associates, and visitors to the Firm.
Aims of the Policy and Underpinning Principles
The aim of this policy is to ensure that in carrying out its activities A L C Solicitors will have due regard to:
• promoting equality of opportunity, across all our activities
• promoting good relations between people of diverse backgrounds
• eliminating unlawful discrimination
This policy is guided by the following principles, that:
• All staff, associates and visitors should enjoy a safe working environment free from discrimination and harassment/bullying
• All employees should have equal access to quality services that are made available by A L C Solicitors and its partners
• All staff should have equal access to opportunities for personal, and professional development and career, progression and promotion opportunities
• A L C Solicitors staff and associates should reflect the diversity of talent, experience and skills from the local, and national pool from which it draws its workforce
• All staff, have the right to be consulted about A L C Solicitors policy, procedures and practices and are encouraged to contribute to the decision-making processes of the company.
This Policy will be monitored and reviewed once a year or sooner if the Firm has to deal with a complaint in this regard.